I’ve been over and over the steps outlined in the CRM 2011 Email Router Installation Guide and cannot identify the reason the email router configuration is failing on “Users, Queues and Forward Mailboxes”/Load Data.”
Error: Cannot retrieve user and queue information from CRM Server. May indicate … server is busy. Verify URL is correct…. this problem can occur if specified login credentials are insufficient…
We have a CRM 2011 deployment which is accessible and working through browser http://crm2k11.OrganizationName.com. It is authenticating against a Win2003 Active Directory.
We have also installed crm 2011 email router on the same machine.The problem is that when we try to load the user data and queue we are getting the attached error.
Can you please inform us of the points we can check in order to get this working.
these were issues so we open a support incident for this situation and here what we did to resolve the issue.
- We reviewed the trace information that was captured and checked both your and an administrator user.
- We attempted to access the organization.svc page within Internet Explorer. We were able to see that it was looking for a physical pathing of D:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\XRMServcies\2011\Organization.svc.
- We discussed that you had previously installed CRM on the D:\ on this machine but were getting issues with that so had uninstalled and then installed on the C:\.
- We then created a new organization and were able to both access the organization as well as the Organization.svc page.
- We then attempted to remove and reimport the organization and that did not work.
- We did a search through the registry for references to the organization service and found several in the HkeyCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RunMRU that were pointing to D:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM instead of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We corrected these references but were still unable to access the Organization.svc page.
- We then removed the organization and modified the name on it. With the new organization name we were able to access the Organization.svc page.
- When attempting to load data we were then seeing the message below.
- The decryption key could not be obtained because HTTPS protocol is enforced but not enabled. Enable HTTPS protocol and try again.
- We were able to get past that message by using the steps below.
- If the SSL is not in use, a new regkey has to be added:
1. Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
2. Locate and then click the following registry key:
3. On the Edit menu, click New , and then click DWORD Value .
4. Set the name of the subkey to DisableSecureDecryptionKey .
5. Right-click DisableSecureDecryptionKey , and then click Modify .
6. In the Value data box, type 1 in the Value data field, and then click OK .
7. On the File menu, click Exit.
10) We then got a message saying that the user needed to be PrivUserGroup.
11) We added your user to the PrivUserGroup and were able to get the load data to complete.
12) We then discussed the setup of the forward mailbox that you are using in your current production environment.
13) We also discussed setting up IFD for CRM 2011. I have the document on the setup linked below for you. Any questions on that would need to be in a new case.
14) We discussed that you were going to do a switch over from your production to this environment in the near future.
You will want to make sure you check all of the items below for the scenario we discussed.
1) You will want to make sure that you are importing the database instead of just restoring over the top of the organization. This is for several reasons, the biggest being the name change that we put into place.
2) You will want to be sure that when you switch the binding on the website to utilize the host header that it is changed in the following locations:
Deployment Manager – Right click on Microsoft Dynamics CRM and select Properties and the web address tab.
E-mail router – This will need to be done after the Deployment Manger modification.
If you do run into issues with the organization during the migration of your production and the binding changes you will need to open a new case as that would be outside of the scope of this case which was to get the Router Configuration Manager to load user and queue data.
- one last thing make sure that you have approved email from setting
As we are running CRM 2011 as dogfood, I found an interesting new feature of CRM 2011. When adding a new user, you have to approve their email for it to work properly, for instance in Outlook where you otherwise will get an error saying that the sending user does not have an email address.
So, if you get this error, just add an email address and press the “Approve Email” button in the ribbon.
at last there was dash(-) in our organization Name which we removed now everything is working perfectly.